I started my day ruining my weekly budget in going to work. I do always set a budget on how much expenses I need to spend in traveling from our home to the office. My schedule changed just for today, as I requested for it, so I can leave early from work to attend to some family priorities. I used the same route in going to the office which I am familiar with during my regular schedule, but to my dismay the public utility Jeepney took forever before it would finally start its engine. The driver would wait until the vehicle was full of passengers. As early as 2AM, how many passengers would have travelled on this holy hour? Only a few, right? Which means I may need to spend almost an hour playing with the driver’s waiting game. I had no choice but to ride a Taxi or else I was going to be late for work.
Aside from the cost in riding a taxi, I am also scared in riding a taxi ALONE especially before sunrise. Hearing all the horror stories of women riding Taxis made me feel anxious this morning. I kept on praying I could arrive to my office safely. PRAYERS WORK. Thanks God.☺
When I am riding a Taxi, which happens once in a blue moon, I do have some safety tips that I follow. Better safe than sorry ladies.
- Before riding a taxi, I do ALWAYS and ALWAYS get the plate number of the vehicle and have it texted to my husband. If anything happens, knock on wood, my husband would know what vehicle to trace for.
- My phone is always ready for me to call someone for help if I needed one. I don’t need to search all the pockets inside my purse during an emergency situation.
- I don’t display valuable and expensive materials when I am inside the Taxi. Showing expensive gadgets entices dirty minds to steal someone’s valuable possession. As much as possible, it would be best for us to keep those Cameras, tablets and any latest gadgets inside our bags and zip them up except for your phone. Keep your phone close to you.
- I am mindful with the information I share to the driver. Some drivers would engage in a conversation with their passengers. I’m careful not to overshare information that may place me in danger especially discussing about financial concerns.
- I make it a habit to check the meter if it is not flawed and not tampered. If it seems going up to quickly or if the driver will insist to shut if off, then I’ll just simply move out of the vehicle and will get another cab.
- I sit on the backseat and not on the passenger’s seat making me less visible to the driver. It puts me farther out of reach as well. The less accessible I am, the less probable that I’ll be targeted.
These were just few tips that I practice in traveling alone. Have a safe travel everyone. I am now ready to start my day at work. Work work work.☺
By the way, please say Hi to this awesome vintage view I have in my background. Lol. ??
I wouldn’t have thought to text the license plate. That’s very smart. Stay safe!
Thanks Mellisa for dropping by.Have a nice weekend ♥
Texting the license plate is an awesome idea! I use uber a lot and sometimes worry about my safety, so I’ll start sending that info to my husband as well thanks!
Yes, it’s better to be cautious especially for us women who travel alone. I’m glad I was able to share you some of my tips. Have a safe travel always.♥♥
One thing i do when i am alone in a cab and there is a long drive ahead or its late – i do a pretend call. I speak loud enough with the phone to my ear and say – i am on my way. Should be there in xyz minutes. Just got into the uber or whatever taxi it is.
Lets the driver know that someone is expecting me soon.
Thanks for the tips. We can never be too csreful.
That’s a brilliant idea too. I will apply it whenever I am alone. Thank you for the additional tips. It’s just so scary to travel alone during wee hours. Thanks for reading♥♥
These are all great tips! I have never thought of doing any of these…you are very mindful! 🙂
Thanks Kayla for the kind words. Have a nice weekend♥♥
I love this. Am forwarding this post to my young adult daughters who fearlessly travel all over the world. I love the practical safety messages you shared. Great post!
Oh Thanks for sharing it. Have a safe travel for your daughters☻☻
I would have never thought of any of these tips! Maybe I’m a little too carefree with my taxi ride endeavours :O
Thanks for dropping by♥
This is so important! Especially with almost anyone being able to drive for uber and lyft, you just never know when things could go wrong. This was really a great post to keep in mind!
Thanks for dropping by ♥♥♥
Love your texting the plate number idea! Great tips! Thank you.
Thanks for reading☺
Very handy tips. When I travel alone, I say hello and ask the driver for his license plate no and Type it on my phone infront of him, I send it to my husband and leave him to guess what I will do with his number.
This beginning itself ensures a happy ride ahead ?
That’s a clever idea. It will give an impression to the driver that someone knows his plate number other than you. I should try that too.
Hi, I’m Diane C. Brown. I read your articles. There are so many tips about antivirus software. All the tips are really awesome. Very handy tips. When I travel alone, I say hello and ask the driver for his license plate no and Type it on my phone in front of him, I send it to my husband and leave him to guess what I will do with his number. This is so important! Especially with almost anyone being able to drive for umber and lift, you just never know when things could go wrong. This was really a great post to keep in mind!
Hi Diane. Thanks for dropping by and for your thoughtful comment.