I am officially opening the start of my summer for this year. Yey! With the unbearable hotness of the weather, I can really feel my summer in the blazing heat of the sun. Who’s not excited to get tanned and enjoy swimming? Get ready with your cool beach swimwear ladies.(Wink)☺
Because I feel so hot both literally and figuratively (lol), I made a Buko Gulaman drink for my first try. I had published about my Buko Pandan salad , this time I added some twist on it by turning it into a plain Milky Buko Drink with clear Gulaman. The ingredients are almost the same. It’s just a matter of adding some of milk on it to quench my thirst.
I like learning different recipes with milk as its ingredients due to my appetite when it comes to dairy products. I am a milk lover not just because I dread about the thought of experiencing Osteoporosis during my retiring age as a result of lacking bone calcium deposits, but I just simply like the taste of milk.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 can condensed milk (you can add more if desired)
- ice cubes
- 48 Oz Coconut juice
- 2 Cups young Coconut strips
- I pack of Whole milk
- 1 pack sweetened Nata De Coco
- 1 Bottle of Kaong
For the Gulaman:
- 1 pack powdered Flavored gelatin
- 625 ml of water
- 3/4 cup of sugar to taste
For the Gulaman:
- Combine water and powdered Gulaman then stir until evenly distributed.
- Add 3/4 cup of sugar and stir the water and Gulaman mixture again.
- Heat a cooking pan and pour in the mixture. Stir continuously until it boils.
- Remove from heat. Pour into a flat dish and allow to cool until Gulaman is set and hardened. Cut into ½-inch cubes.
The cubed Gulaman
Combining it all:
- Combine condensed milk, Whole milk, Nata de coco, Kaong, young coconut strips and juice with cubed Gulaman.
- Chill for 1-2 hours. Your summer drink is now ready.
I had to pair my Palamig with something that can fill my hungry tummy. My sister told me about a local Pizza house selling a thin crust pizza. They’re located in Naga Baywalk near the newly built Boardwalk, if you want to visit.
We had the thin crust pizza D1, D3, D5
Happy eating and Enjoy your summer.☺