Mama celebrated her birthday yesterday and I was the one in charge in the kitchen for the preparation of food. Can you believe that? Miraculously, I survived the challenge of being a chef just for my mother’s special day.
I’ll share to you my first time experience in making a Buko Pandan Salad. A celebration won’t be complete without the presence of the sweetness of a dessert. It’s a bit exciting experimenting my power in coming up with the dessert using my own instinct in adjusting its ingredients depending on the number of servings I want to make.
Ingredients good for 10-12 servings
- 2 cups young coconut strips (Buko)
- 2 Bottles Kaong or Nata De Coco
- 1 can condensed milk ( I used Kremasada )
- 1 Table cream or all-purpose cream
- 1 pack powdered gelatin or 2 bars or agar agar (you can choose any of the two)
- 1¼ cups water
- 5 drops Buko Pandan flavoring
- ½ cup small tapioca pearls, cooked (optional)
- Cook small tapioca pearls as instructed in the package. Set aside
- Combine water and powdered gulaman then stir until evenly distributed.
- Add Drops of Buko Pandan flavoring and stir the water and gulaman mixture again.
- Heat a cooking pan and pour in the mixture. Stir continuously until it boils.
- Remove from heat. Pour into a flat dish and allow to cool until gulaman is set and hardened. Cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Combine condensed milk, table cream, tapioca pearls, nata de coco and young coconut then mix well. Allow the texture to thicken by chilling
- Chill for 1-2 hours. Your dessert is ready.
It was so quick and easy to prepare, isn’t it? I love sweets and discovering more recipes to create delicious dessert is going to be one of my targets for 2018.
Happy eating everyone.