Mama celebrated her birthday yesterday and I was the one in charge in the kitchen for the preparation of food. Can you believe that? Miraculously, I survived the challenge of being a chef just for my mother’s special day.
I’ll share to you my first time experience in making a Buko Pandan Salad. A celebration won’t be complete without the presence of the sweetness of a dessert. It’s a bit exciting experimenting my power in coming up with the dessert using my own instinct in adjusting its ingredients depending on the number of servings I want to make.
Ingredients good for 10-12 servings
- 2 cups young coconut strips (Buko)
- 2 Bottles Kaong or Nata De Coco
- 1 can condensed milk ( I used Kremasada )
- 1 Table cream or all-purpose cream
- 1 pack powdered gelatin or 2 bars or agar agar (you can choose any of the two)
- 1¼ cups water
- 5 drops Buko Pandan flavoring
- ½ cup small tapioca pearls, cooked (optional)
- Cook small tapioca pearls as instructed in the package. Set aside
- Combine water and powdered gulaman then stir until evenly distributed.
- Add Drops of Buko Pandan flavoring and stir the water and gulaman mixture again.
- Heat a cooking pan and pour in the mixture. Stir continuously until it boils.
- Remove from heat. Pour into a flat dish and allow to cool until gulaman is set and hardened. Cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Combine condensed milk, table cream, tapioca pearls, nata de coco and young coconut then mix well. Allow the texture to thicken by chilling
- Chill for 1-2 hours. Your dessert is ready.
It was so quick and easy to prepare, isn’t it? I love sweets and discovering more recipes to create delicious dessert is going to be one of my targets for 2018.
Happy eating everyone.
Tasty! You’re getting better in experimenting your cooking skills. Try baking next time. Guess your haven’t tried it. Nice post
That’s going to be my next to-do-list to accomplish. Thanks for the suggestion.